
She started doing a few more things while we were there like sticking her tongue out and blowing

The day after we got back from Cali, we took a tumble down the front porch steps in which I sustained all the injuries, which Im thankful. Unfortunately, I fractured my left ankle on both sides, and pulled the ligaments in my right foot. My dad decided to come stay with us for a while to help out with Caitlyn and household stuff while I rested my feet and not put any weight on them. At the dr appt a week after the injury, I had to have surgery on the left ankle to put in a metal plate and screws so it would heal correctly and not let me get arthritis at a very early age. We were very lucky that my dad was able to come for a month until I was able to do more things on my own as well as for Caitlyn. My next appt is in a couple weeks to get xrays to make sure its ready for the walking boot. We did take a couple pictures of my left ankle before the surgery

It was actually a lot worse than it looks, the picture taken at the hospital hasnt been put on the computer yet...it was BAD!
Anyway, things are going well now, I am able to get around the house good, especially in the wheelchair we rented, as well as crutches now and then.
Caitlyn, has developed a great liking to her jumpy swing that hangs from the doorway, as well as her excercauser.


She also sits up with no help at all anymore, we do put things behind her still cuz she likes to watch the cats and she loses her balance.

She is growing so fast, pretty soon she will be crawling, and soon after probably walking. She loves to stand on her feet with help. Talks up a storm with baby babble, its so cute. She has her d sound pretty good now. A very happy baby :)
7 comments:
ouch! That sounds awful! I'm so glad your dad could come help you out. Hopefully you heal up quickly. Caitlyn is darling!
Um... OUCHIES!!! That looks uber-painful but as you say, good thing you got all the injuries. I am imagining some Matrix-style moves there to avoid getting Caitlyn hurt. :)
Hope you get all healed up soon!
ugh! Not only did I miss you, but this is TERRIBLE! I hope you are feeling better!
love
Karren
Tanya! I am so sorry to hear about your injury! I wish you a speedy recovery! Caitlyn is getting big so fast and is as cute as ever!
Awww! I miss you guys! Caitlyn has grown and doing more in such a little bit! Can't wait to see her!! That was a HUGE tease for those couple weeks but I'm very thankful cuz she's wonderful and Bailey and Caitlyn were very cute to watch! Can't wait to see you guys and keep getting better and better!! Luv ya :)
OK...so Anonymous is me your sister, as I'm sure you figured out...guess I posted it wrong geeezlol
Tanya,
I am so sorry. What an ordeal! Caitlyn is so cute! I am glad she wasn't hurt as well.
Post a Comment